1. Who was the author of the first monumental book on the Indus Valley Civilization?
(A) Sir W. W. Hunter
(B) Sir John Shore
(C) Sir John Marshall
(D) Sir William Jones
2. Gautam Buddha was born at
3. The credit of the discovery of Monsoon for the development of communication goes to
(D) Marco Polo
4. The Third Buddhist Council was held during the reign of
(C) Chandragupta Maurya
5. The founder of Pataliputra city was
6. Who was the greatest king of Pala Dynasty of Kamrupa?
7. Charaka-Samhita is a work on
(D) The Vams system
8. Who was the author of Tuglaqanama?
(B) Amir Khusrau
(C) Ibn Batuta
9. The place of Forty Pillars is located at
10. Who was the mother of Shah Jahan?
(A) Man Bai
(B) Jagat Gosain
(D) Ladli Begum
All the MCQs were taken from 2016 APSC Preliminary Indian History Paper