Most Important One Liner Assam GK for Upcoming Assam Examination
Assam GK for upcoming Secretariat examination. We will update series wise more questions. If you like it please share with your friends.
- The first known ruler of Assam was of Danava Dynasty.
- Historically speaking, the first king who rule over Kamrupa was Pushya Varman(350-380 AD).
- Pushya Varman was a contemporary of Samudragupta, he took on the title MAHARAJADHIRAJA.
- Mahendra Varman was the first king of Kamrupa who performed Ashwamedha Yagya.
- Kumar Bhaskara Varman was also known as Bachelor King.
- Hiuen Tsang visited Kamrupa during the reign Kumar Bhaskara Varman.
- Si-Yu-Ki is a book written by Hiuen Tsang where he described a memorable account of his visit to Kamrup.
- Harshavardhan(606-648 AD) was a contemporary Bhaskara Varman.
- Pala Dynasty: most famous ruler- Ratnapala, Last ruler –Jaypala.
- Capital of Pala Dynast: Durjaya (Now North Guwahati).
- Pala Dynasty of Kamrupa not the Pala Dynasty of Bengal.
- Chutia kingdom established by Birpal in 1189.
- Progenitor of Koch Kingdom is Hariya Mandal.
- Hariya Mandal’s son-Biswasingha.
- Son of Biswasingha : Naranarayana.
- Naranarayana’s brother Suklodhwoj became the commander in chief.
- Suklodhwoj was also known as Chilarai.
- The first expedition of Kamrupa was led by Muhammad-Bin- Bakhtiar Khilji
- Durlov Narayan’s(King of Kamatapur) court poet: Hem Saraswati & Harihar Vipra.
- Hem Saraswati’s famous work: Jayadrath Vadha & Prahlad Charitra.
- Kachari Kingdom capital: Hidimbapur (Now Dimapur).
- The Kacharis claim to be descent from Ghatotkacha, the son of Bhima.
- Last king of Kachari kingdom: Govinda Chandra Narayan.
- First king of Jaintia Kingdom: Prabhat Ray.
- Last king of Jaintia Kingdom: Rajendra Singha.
- Capital of Jaintia Kingdom: Jaintiapur.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD