Assam GK Questions Based on Assam Year Book
1. The first Assamese who fought against the British was
(a) Moniram Dewan
(b) Gomdhar Konwar
(c) Piyali Phukan
(d) Kushal Konwar
2. Srimanta Sankardeva was born in
3. The Ahoms entered the Brahmaputra Valley in
(a) 1220 A.D.
(b) 1225 A.D.
(c) 1228 A.D.
(d) 1130 A.D.
4. The first capital of Ahom was
5. The first battle fought by the Ahoms against the Mughal’s was
6. The Tai Ahom name of Bamuni Konwar was
7. The name Guwahati has been derived from the fact that once the place was famous for it
(a) Coconut groves
(b) Sugar-can field
(c) Tea Garden
(d) Betel-nut groves
8. The tallest existing temple in Assam is
(a) Shiva Temple at Sivasagar
(b) Umananda Temple at Guwahati
(c) Shiva temple at Dergaon
(d) Kamakhya temple at Silghat.
9. Who built Dhodar Ali?
(a) Godadhar Singha
(b) Rudra Singha
(c) Shiva Singha
(d) Purandhar Singha
10. The first community in Radio Assam was started by
(a) Gauhati University
(b) Assam University
(c) KKH State Open University
(d) Dibrugarh University
11. National award winner Debajit Changmai is a
(c) Sound Designer
12. The first civil servant from Assam was
(a) Anundoram Baruah
(b) Moidul Islam Borah
(c) Sarat Phukan
(d) Sonmoni Bora
13. The first-ever National Award winner Assamese singer
(a) Parbin Sultana
(b) Tarali Sarma
(c) Priyanka Bharali
(d) Munmi Borah
14. Sahitya Akademi award winning book ‘Deolangkhui’ is written by
(a) Rita Choudhury
(b) Nirmal Prabha Bordoloi
(c) Mamoni Raisom Goswami
(d) Maini Mahanta
15. The Nabagraha temple of Guwahati is situated on the crest of the hill
16. The capital of Assam was shifted from Sivasagar(Rongpur) to Jorhat in
17. ‘Patharighatar Ron’ took place in
18. The Astrologer of Lachit Borphukan was
19. The smallest among all books written by Sankardeva is
(d) Kaliya Daman
20. The father of Assamese prose is
(a) Laxminath Bezboruah
(c) Chandra K. Agarawalla
(d) Jyotiprasad Agarawalla
21. The first Assamese daily newspaper was
(a) Dainik Asom
(b) Dainik Batori
(c) Dainik Sambad
(d) Dainik Jagaran
22. ‘Assamese women weave fairy tales in their clothes’ – the famous person who said this was
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(d) Dr B R Ambedkar
23. Hasti Vidyarnava was composed during the reign of
(a) Rudra Singha
(b) Rajeswar Singha
(c) Gadadhar Singha
(d) Shiva Singha
24. Sukladhwaj was popularly known as
(b) Pratap Ballabh
25. Kirtan by Sri Sankardeva is an adaptation from the
26. Which of the following Market of Imphal popularly known as ‘Ladies Market’.
(a) Ima Market
(b) Moreh Market
(c) Kwairambad Bazar Market
(d) Monpa Market
27. Which one of the following is not a river of Manipur
28. What is the total area of Assam as per 2011 census.
(a) 74,438 sq. km.
(b) 78,438 sq. km.
(c) 82,838 sq. km.
(d) 84,838 sq. km.
29. First Assamese colour film was
(b) Piyoli Phukan
(c) Duranir Rang
30. In which of the following year ‘Saraighat Bridge” was constructed?
Answers will be updated soon, please subscribe to our channel for video lectures.
Attempt all Assam GK MCQ quiz. Click here