Dear Friends, In this post we have covered all the APSC Junior Administrative Exam General Knowledge Questions with Answers. Most of the Assam GK Questions were repeated from old papers of APSC General Studies Papers. These Questions are important for other Assam Government Examination also.
1. Where is the oldest refinery of India located?
Answer: (C) Digboi, the Oil City of Assam where the first oil well in Asia was drilled.
2. The National Highway connecting Goalpara and Guwahati is
Answer: (B) NH-37
3. In which district of Assam Numaligarh refinery is situated?
Answer: (D) Golaghat. Numaligarh refinery a joint venture between Bharat Petroleum, Oil India, and Govt. of Assam.
4. In which place of Assam, there is a confluence of three highly revered pilgrimages for the Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists?
(B) Dhekiakhowa Naamghar
(D) Parashuram Kunda
Answer: (C) Hajo
5. Chapchar Kut festival belongs to the State
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: (B) Chapchar Kut festival is celebrated in Mizoram during March.
6. Who was the first Assamese to join the Indian National Congress during the second session held in 1886?
(A) Nabin Chandra Bordoloi
(B) Tarunram Phukan
(C) Devicharan Baruah
(D) Gopinath Bordoloi
Answer: (C) Devicharan Baruah
7. The Kamakhya temple was rebuilt during the reign of Koch King
(A) Biswa Singha
(C) Raghu Dev
Answer: (B) Naranarayan
8. Dimapur, the capital of the Kachari Kingdom was occupied by the Ahom King
(A) Rudra Singha
(B) Gadadhar Singha
(D) Rajeswar Singha
Answer: (C) Dimapur was occupied by Ahom King Suhungmung (Swarganarayan, Dihingia Raja).
9. The posts of Barbarua and Barphukan were created by
(C) Pratap Singha
(D) Rudra Singha
Answer: (C) The posts of ‘Borborua’ and ‘Borphukan’ were created by Pratap Singha (Susengphaa), the 17th king of Ahom kingdom. He is also known as ‘Burha Raja’ (Old King).
10. The author of the book, ‘Cha Garam, the tea story’ is
(A) Maniram Dewan
(B) Hemendra Barooah
(C) Arup Kumar Dutta
(D) Jagannath Barua
Answer: (C) Arup Kumar Dutta.
11. Which tribe of the North-East celebrates the ‘Agalmaka’ festival?
(D) Sonowal Kachari
Answer: (A) Garo
12. The total length of Dhola-Sadiya bridge is
(A) 9.15 km
(B) 9.8 km
(D) 9.25 km
Answer: (A) Dhola-Sodiya Bridge also referred as ‘Bhupen Hazarika Setu’ is on the Lohit river, which length is 9.15 Km and width:12.9 m.
13. Sonai-Rupai sanctuary is situated in the district of
Answer: (C) Sonai-Rupai Wildlife Sanctuary (220 sq km) is in Sonitpur district.
14. The Rain Forest Research Institute is situated at
Answer: (B) The Rain Forest Research Institute is in Jorhat (established in 1988), which works under Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education(ICFRE).
15. The Treaty of Yandaboo was performed in the year
Answer: (D) 1826
16. The first Assamese woman to undergo imprisonment due to participation in the freedom struggle was
(A) Guneswari Devi
(B) Pushpala Das
(C) Dariki Kachari
(D) Chandra Prabha Saikiaani
Answer: (B) Pushpala Das
17. Which work of Srimanta Sankardev is considered as the epitome of Bhagavad?
(A) Kirtan Ghosa
(B) Naam Ghosa
(D) Bhim Charit
Answer: (A) Kirtan Ghosa
18. The Chemical name of vinegar is
(A) acetic acid
(B) citric acid
(C) pyruvic acid
(D) sulphuric acid
Answer: (A) Acetic acid(CH3COOH).
19. The period of revolution of a geostationary satellite is
(A) 30 days
(B) 365 days
(C) 24 hours
(D) changing continuously
Answer: (C) 24 hours
20. Optical fibre works on the principle of
(C) total internal reflection
Answer: (C) Total Internal Reflection
21. India hosted FIBA Women’s Asia Cup Basketball Tournament in July.
Answer: (A) Bengaluru.
22. ‘Jai Hind’ the famous greeting was started by
(A) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Subhas Chandra Bose
(C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Answer: (B) Subhas Chandra Bose(Netaji).
23. The first Technology and Innovation Support Centre (TISC) will be established in the State
(D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (A) TISC will be set up at patent Information Centre in Punjab under WIPO.
24. Who won the Women’s singles title of the Wimbledon Tennis Championship, 2017?
(A) Angelique Kerber
(B) Simona Halep
(C) Garbine Muguruza
(D) Karolina Pliskova
Answer: (C) Garbine Muguruza.
25. Which of the following States has introduced Mobile Therapy Van for senior citizens?
(D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (C) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar introduced Mobile Therapy Van for the senior citizen.
26. In Hockey, which country won the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy of 2016?
Answer: (C) Indian Women’s Hockey team won the Asian Championship trophy by defeating China in the final.
27. BRICS Games for the year 2017 was hosted by
(A) South Africa
Answer: (C) Guangzhou, China.
28. The Working principle of a washing machine is
Answer: (A) Centrifugation.
29. The International Youth Day is celebrated on
(A) August 8
(B) August 9
(C) August 12
(D) August 19
Answer: (C) United Nation designated 12th August as Youth Day.
30. In which year, the Telegraph Service was discontinued in India?
Answer: (C) 2013
31. Kanaklata Barua became a martyr of which one of the following national movements?
(A) Non-Cooperation Movement
(B) Quit India Movement
(C) Civil Disobedient Movement
(D) Swadeshi Movement
Answer: (B) Kanaklata Barua became the martyr of Quit India movement 1942 while leading a procession bearing the National Flag.
32. The newly founded Sanskrit University in Assam is situated at
Answer: (B) Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit and Ancient studies University established in 2011, situated in Nalbari.
33. The pollutant responsible for ozone hole is
(B) Carbon dioxide
(C) nitrogen oxide
(D) sulphur dioxide
Answer: (A) Chlorofluorocarbon(CFC).
34. The first Assamese newspaper Arunodoi was published in the year
Answer: (B) Orunodoi was published in January 1846 from Baptist Missionary Press in Sibsagar.
35. Which is the longest national highway in India
Answer: (A) NH – 7, A major part of NH 7 covers the North-South Corridor of NHDP and it is officially listed as running over 2,369 km (1,472 mi) from Varanasi to Kanyakumari. It is the longest “Single” national highway in India.
36. The Judges of the Supreme Court of India retire at the age of
(A) 60 years
(B) 62 years
(C) 65 years
(D) 63 years
Answer: (C) 65 years.
37. 2019 Cricket World Cup will be held in
(D) New Zealand
Answer: (B) 2019 Cricket World Cup is scheduled to be held in England.
38. The members of the Rajya Sabha are elected for a period of
(A) 6 years
(B) 5 years
(C) 4 years
(D) 3 years
Answer: (A) 6 years
39. When was the Assam Rifles established?
Answer: (B) Assam Rifles was established in 1835.
40. Who is the Chairperson of NITI Aayog?
(A) The President of India
(B) The Vice President of India
(C) The Home Minister of India
(D) The Prime Minister of India
Answer: (D) The Prime Minister of India(Narendra Modi)
Vice Chairman: Rajib Kumar
CEO: Amitabh Kant
Headquarter: New Delhi
41. 23rd GST Council meeting was held in
(C) New Delhi
Answer: (D) Guwahati.
42. Audible sound waves lie in the frequency of
(A) 200 Hz to 20000 Hz
(B) 20 Hz to 20000 Hz
(C) 10 Hz to 10000 Hz
(D) 10 Hz to 20000 Hz
Answer: (A) Frequency ranging from 20 Hz to 20000 Hz is known are audible sound.
43. The Right to Information Act came into force in the year
Answer: (C) 2005
44. The Headquarters of Assam Sahitya Sabha is situated at
Answer: (A) Assam Sahitya Sabha was formed in December, 1917 and its Headquarter is in Jorhat.
45. Which of the following is a water-soluble vitamin?
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin B
(C) Vitamin D
(D) Vitamin E
Answer: (B) Vitamin B is water soluble, whereas A, D, E are fat soluble.
46. The total number of districts in Assam till December 2017 is
Answer: (C) 33
47. Grammy Awards are awarded for outstanding in achievements in
Answer: (A) Music
48. Gas Electric Project of Assam is situated at
Answer: (C) Kathalguri
49. The total number of Parliamentary Constituency in Assam is
Answer: (B) 14
50. The Headquarter of the World Trade Organization is at
(A) New York
Answer: (B) Geneva, Switzerland
51. The unit of energy is
Answer: (C) Joule
52. The name of India’s first banking robot launched by the HDFC bank is
Answer: (B) Lakshmi
53. In the World Happiness Report, 2017 the rank of India is
Answer: (A) India ranks 122 out of 155 countries. 1st: Norway, 2nd: Denmark, 3rd: Iceland.
54. The first capital of Ahom kingdom was
Answer: (B) Charaideo is the first capital of Ahom established by Sukaphaa in 1253.
55. The Guwahati Tea Auction Centre was established in the year
Answer: (C) 1970 ( Dispur ).
56. The motto of Indian Army is
(A) Service and loyalty
(B) Always faithful
(C) Service before self
(D) Be the best
Motto of Indian Army: Service before self.
Motto of Indian Navy: Sha-no Varuna.
Motto of Indian Air Force: Nabha sparsham deeptam.
57. Arthashatra is a great treatise on
(A) economic policy
(B) state craft
(C) military strategy
(D) All of the above
Answer: (D) Arthashastra treatise on economic policy, statecraft and military strategy written by Kautilya.
58. Which of the following helps in clotting of blood?
(A) Vitamin K
(B) Vitamin D
(C) Vitamin C
(D) Vitamin B1
Answer: (A) Vitamin K
59. Which of the following organizations is the regulator of Stock Exchanges in India?
(B) Securities and Exchange Board of India.
Chairman: Ajay Tyagi.
60. The Assam Public Service Commission came into effect on
(A) 1st March, 1937
(B) 1st March, 1950
(C) 1st April, 1937
(D) 1st April, 1950
Answer: (C) 1st April, 1937.
61. Who was the first Indian to win Nobel Prize?
(A) Dr. C. V. Raman
(B) Rabindranath Tagore
(C) J. L. Nehru
(D) H. G. Khorana
(B) Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian to win Nobel prize for literature in 1913.
2nd: C.V.Raman for Physics (1930)
3rd: Mother Teresa for peace (1979)
4th: Amartya Sen for Economic studies (1998)
5th: Kailash Satyarthi for peace (2014)
62. Gauhati University was established in the year
(A) Gauhati University was established in 1948
Chancellor: Governor of Assam
Vice-Chancellor: Mridul Hazarika.
First Vice-Chancellor: Krishna Kanta Handique.
63. The intensity of earthquake measured by
64. The capital of Assam was shifted from Shillong to Dispur in the year
Answer: (B) In 1973 when Meghalaya was carved out from Assam, Dispur became the capital of Assam.
65. Who was the last king of Ahom kingdom in Assam?
(A) Gadadhar Singha
(C) Purandar Singha
(D) Jogeswar Singha
Answer: (C) Purandar Singha.
66. The World War II was commenced in
Answer: (D) 1939
67. The first Assamese dictionary was compiled by
(A) Miles Bronson
(B) Hemchandra Goswami
(C) Hemchandra Baruah
(D) P.R. Gordon
Answer: (A) Miles Bronson, an American Missionary compiled the first dictionary in Assamese in 1867 at American Baptist Mission Press Sibsagar.
68. In the Third Battle of Panipat, the Marathas were defeated by
Answer: (B) Third Battle of Panipat took place on 14th January 1761 at Panipat (present Haryana) between the Marathas and the Afghans and the Afghans defeated the Marathas.
69. The saffron colour in the National Flag signifies
(A) truth and peace
(B) faith and chivalry
(C) courage and sacrifice
(D) None of the above
(C) Saffron at the top band indicates: Courage and sacrifice
White at the middle band indicates: peace and truth.
Green at the bottom band indicates: life and prosperity
In the middle of White band, a blue wheel, is called Ashok Chakra. It’s diameter approximates to the width of the white band and it has 24 spokes.
The width of the Flag to its length = 2:3
70. World AIDS Day is celebrated on
(A) 11th July
(B) 5th December
(C) 8th September
(D) 1st December
Answer: (D) 1st December since 1988.
71. Which was the first metal used by human?
Answer: (A) Copper
72. The New Industrial Policy was introduced in the year
Answer: (C) 1991
73. The classical dance of Andhra Pradesh is
Answer: (D) The classical dance of Andhra Pradesh is Kuchipudi. There are total eight classical dance confers by Sangeet Natak Akademi and ministry of Culture. They are –
Bharatnatyam: Tamil Nadu
Kathak: North, west and Central India
74. Who is the Brand Ambassador of Assam Tourism?
(A) Priyanka Chopra
(B) Deepika Padukone
(C) Sonam Kapoor
(D) Vidya Balan
Answer: (A) Priyanka Chopra
75. The First Assamese film was
(A) First Assamese film was: ‘Joymoti’
Producer & director: Jyoti Prasad Agarwala
Released on: 10th March 1935.
Leading actress: Aideu Handique
For more Assam GK Questions, visit our website regularly.
Happy Reading 🙂